By James Clackson
- Brings jointly contributions from across the world popular classicists, linguists and Latin language specialists
- Offers, in one quantity, a close account of alternative literary registers of the Latin language
- Explores the social and political contexts of Latin
- Includes new bills of the Latin language in gentle of contemporary linguistic theory
- Supplemented with illustrations protecting the advance of the Latin alphabet
Read or Download A Companion to the Latin Language (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
Taking a detailed examine all of the key male figures in Toni Morrison’s 8 novels, this booklet explores Morrison’s admitted, yet significantly ignored, curiosity within the relationships among African American women and men and the “axes” on which those relationships flip. so much Morrison scholarship offers together with her lady characters.
Seminar paper from the yr 2010 within the topic English - Literature, Works, grade: 2,3, college of Koblenz-Landau (Anglistik), language: English, summary: it's very unlikely to visualize dwelling with no irony in our lifestyle. Irony as a sort of “linguistic indirectness“ has turn into a phenomenon lately.
The Banshees lines the feminist contributions of quite a lot of Irish American ladies writers, from mom Jones, Kate Chopin, and Margaret Mitchell to modern authors akin to Gillian Flynn, Jennifer Egan, and Doris Kearns Goodwin. to demonstrate the expansion and value in their writing, the booklet is geared up chronologically through decade.
Each one people has an excellent facet, and to that solid facet now we have a darker similar. the great aspect is the most up-tp-date domination of either, yet all it takes is a sad, unseen turn of an unknown change to show their roles opposed to each one other.
- The Sound of Poetry / The Poetry of Sound
- The Bloomsbury Companion to Holocaust Literature (Bloomsbury Companions)
- The English Vision: An Anthology: Volume 2 (Routledge Revivals: Herbert Read and Selected Works)
- Who Reads Ulysses?: The Common Reader and the Rhetoric of the Joyce Wars (Studies in Major Literary Authors)
Extra resources for A Companion to the Latin Language (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)